Peter and Meg are touring, please see our current performance schedule on the right.
Metal singing bowls have been used in meditation and healing practices for centuries. The sonic capabilities of quartz crystal first emerged as a therapeutic tool in the 1990’s using modern technology. The frosted quartz crystal singing bowls, which we use in our meditations, are classified as ‘standing bells’ and are formed using highly purified quartz powder that is spun and fused in a mold at high temperature. The bowls produce a powerful sustained tone in the form of a pure sine wave when rubbed with a mallet. These pure tones can be appreciated on both a musical and therapeutic level where the sound is audible musically as harmonic relationship and experienced internally as cellular resonance.
During a crystal singing bowl meditation, a scale of tones will be played in an array of harmonic relationships evoking a penetrating tonal atmosphere. In effect, one is immersed in a vibrational bath of sound that flows through the body. The experience can be called an ‘internal massage’ and operates in a way unique to the individual. There are many benefits to meditation with use of the crystal singing bowls as they work to balance, relax, and restore on a physiological and energetic level.
We perform crystal singing bowl meditations at a variety of venues and spaces for group meditations, workshops and events, and personalized sessions. For inquiries contact Peter Olsen.
- Yoga Loka, Frenchtown, NJ
- Rivers Edge, Boonton, NJ
- Stillpoint Schoolhouse, Blairstown, NJ
- Madison Community Center, Madison, NJ
- eZential Wellness & Yoga, Bridgewater, NJ
- Kula Yoga, Stanhope, NJ
- DIG Yoga, Lambertville, NJ
- Skylands Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, Hackettstown, NJ
- Clinton Community Center, Clinton, NJ
- Clinton Library, Clinton, NJ
- Yankee Stadium, Legends Club, Bronx, NY
- Bernardsville Library, Bernardsville, NJ
- Warren Township Library, Warren, NJ
- Roselle Park Library, Roselle Park, NJ
- Yoga Loft of Bethlehem, Bethlehem, PA
- Pebble Hill Church, Bucks County, PA